Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Department: Service and Support
Reports to: Service Manager
This role is a key contributor in the success of managing our client’s networks. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our clients open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our clients are aware. If you can manage multiple things going on at once while keeping a calm and patient demeanor, this could be the job for you.
Excellent decision making skills are critical in this fast-paced, demanding role. You should like using the latest technology, be extremely detail oriented, have excellent verbal communication skills and a passion for serving others. Reliability and self-confidence are a must.
Previous Customer Service work and a 4 year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience are required for coordinating team workloads. Information Technology is the fastest changing industry in the world so good computer skills are helpful and a life-long learning mentality is essential to be able to adapt & keep up with today’s innovative changes in business technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct customer input
- Schedule internal and field technical resources on the dispatch portal
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and possess excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Improve usage and increase productivity of IT support resources
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Report the utilization of IT Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Service Desk Manager
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on our training platform
- Enter all work as service tickets into the computer system
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate and write clearly through e-mail.
- Must be comfortable and have excellent knowledge of Windows desktop systems (Mac also a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems and Applications including Microsoft Office.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Reliable transportation as on-site work will be necessary in client-facing environments.
5330 Office Center Ct., STE 20
Los Angeles Office
2600 West Olive Avenue
6600 Chase Oaks Blvd, STE 100
© 2019 5330 OCC, Inc.